So, it being a special birthday, some friends and I collected together to get him something he'd remember...a flying lesson. Last weekend he was all booked to go, flying out from Perth which is an hour or so drive away. A few of us were heading there in the same car so I made a CD of inspirational songs about learning to fly for the trip. But rather than just burn a few songs on a disc I decided to go all out and make a proper cover, and try out my CD printer which I've been wanting to test. Pleased to say it worked great!
Here's the cover.

I found the image on the internet and stuck his head on it. Here's the original.

And here's the track list....
Come Fly With Me - Frank Sinatra
One Vision (Iron Eagle Soundtrack) - Queen
Highway to the Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
Learning To Fly - Foo Fighters
Who's Driving Your Plane - The Rolling Stones
Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller Band
Eight Miles High - The Byrds
I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane - John Denver
Flying - The Beatles
Jet - Paul McCartney & Wings
Back in the USSR - The Beatles
Learning To Fly - Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
Fly Me to the Moon - Frank Sinatra
I'll Fly Away - Elvis Presley
I Believe I Can Fly - R. Kelly
Let Him Fly - Dixie Chicks
Watching Airplanes - Gary Allan
Eagle - ABBA
Fly - Nick Drake
Learning To Fly - Pink Floyd
One Vision (Iron Eagle Soundtrack) - Queen
Highway to the Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
Learning To Fly - Foo Fighters
Who's Driving Your Plane - The Rolling Stones
Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller Band
Eight Miles High - The Byrds
I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane - John Denver
Flying - The Beatles
Jet - Paul McCartney & Wings
Back in the USSR - The Beatles
Learning To Fly - Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
Fly Me to the Moon - Frank Sinatra
I'll Fly Away - Elvis Presley
I Believe I Can Fly - R. Kelly
Let Him Fly - Dixie Chicks
Watching Airplanes - Gary Allan
Eagle - ABBA
Fly - Nick Drake
Learning To Fly - Pink Floyd
I guess a lot of artists have been inspired to write about flying.
Unfortunately the flight was postponed due to bad weather, but it's been rescheduled for 1st August.
No comments:
Post a Comment