Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day in Eilie

Today was my second Father's Day so far. Seren made me a lovely mug with her hand prints and her name on the bottom. Sweet. I also got TWO cards - a bought one and one she made at nursery - bonus!

It was a pretty sunny day today so we decided to take a drive up the coast to a little village called Eilie. It was a lovely little place, full of character - narrow little streets, amazing houses, stunning views and a beautiful little beach. We'd never been but had read good reviews of a little pub there called the Ship Inn. We stopped in by for lunch and weren't disappointed, though unfortunately they wouldn't allow high chairs out in the garden out front so we had to stay indoors. No matter though, my fish and chips were excellent, as was Laura's fish pie and Seren's sausage, beans and mash followed by ice cream!

After lunch we took a stroll through town to the beach. Lovely sand, clear water, blue sky - a bit of a breeze but a lovely afternoon. The kind of place that would be great to live in.

Thanks for a wonderful day pumpkin. (And Laura too ;))

The Beach

...some really nice houses like this one

Seren making a break for it







1 comment:

Wayne said...

Glad you're blogging again.

I love the shot at the beach (the one with your feet).

Glad you had a happy father's day. I forgot to wish you one on the actual day, but in all honesty, I didn't know if the greeting-card companies had infiltrated Scotland with their insidious fabricated holidays or not. But I guess they have, so...

Happy Father's Day!