Anyway, we had a great time - but I made sure to keep her mum updated along the way by picture messaging. Here are some of the highlights (along with the message I sent as a caption...and yes, I put a kiss at the end of every message.)
(The ticket inspector printed her a ticket which she
immediately put in her mouth...for safekeeping.)
(As in The River Tay in Dundee)
(After a bit of a grizzle I found a spot to put the buggy up and got her off to sleep.
She woke up about 50 mins later just as we were pulling in to Aberdeen. I read my book.)
(My parents met us off the train but my Dad didn't have a car seat so
Mum, Seren and I headed into town to look for some new wellies.)
(My mum and dad have a little car they've had since
Bran's kids were young. It was a huge hit.)
(The next day. She slept well - from around 7 until 6.
This was taken around 8 - she's on her second breakfast.)
(A girl needs to eat!)
(I managed to get a 1st class ticket for the trip back - which was
bizarrely cheaper than standard on the way up.)
(I sat at the designated disabled table so I was able to wheel her straight in in the
buggy and sit opposite. She slept for the first 50 mins or so. Another nice thing
about 1st class is endless cups of free hot tea / coffee. Sweet.)
2 comments:
What a great trip! It is a big deal, the first trip without mom. Sounds like she had a lot of fun. I envy your train rides.
Umm, what are wellies?
Wellies - short for Wellington Boots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellington_boot) or perhaps 'rubber boots' to you? Not sure about that one - but I know you have them! I remember Alex had a pair with gators on them.
Post a Comment