Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Mice Strike Back

The mice are back. Just when we'd thought we'd maybe seen the last of them for the winter they've reappeared, and they seem to be braver than ever. We first starting noticing their droppings in the usual spots. Then some unusual spots. Then we could hear them, first rustling, then squeaking. Then we caught sight of them a couple of times, in the kitchen, and even in the living room. Tonight I saw two on separate occasions, first the parent and later a little baby mouse. We've laid some poison so we're hoping that the parent might be dead and the baby's been driven out from hunger. It's sad, but the other traps don't seem to be working. They even set one off tonight without getting trapped. Noooo, that's not true...that's impossible!

7 comments:

Wayne said...

Hilarious.

"And now, young rodents...you will die."

Try using your Force lightning on them.

Malone said...

We got home tonight from visiting friends in Dunblane and found two babies in traps; one in the living room and one in the kitchen. Then we saw another one running around in the kitchen. I re-baited one of the traps which later went off, but without catching the mouse. Unbelievable.

Malone said...

Apologies, Laura pointed out that I had misspelled 'sight', 'site' in my blog. I have corrected this. What can I say, I'm an architect.

Malone said...

Amazing. We trapped 3 more mice last night; one adult and two babies. Sad but also satisfying. That's 5 mice in the space of less than 12 hours. Total mouse carnage.

Malone said...

Laura caught another one in a trap while I was at work today. That's six in less than 24 hrs.

Burton Meahl said...

Madness! Perhaps they are cloning themselves! Attack of the clones! Give the command and they will turn to the dark side and then you shall have Mouse Troopers!

Wayne said...

Maybe you should buy a snake.