Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Euro 2008 - Updated


I'm not a huge football (soccer) fan, but when international tournaments come along I get sucked in. We're nearing the end of Euro 2008. It's down to the semi-finals. Turkey are playing Germany tonight. It's 1-1, but Turkey are playing the better game I'd say. (Unfortunately something just went wrong with the transmission so there's no picture at the moment. They've switched it over to BBC Radio 5 for a better commentary! Oh, it's back.)

I'm also more interested in watching as I have a bit of a financial investment resting on the tournament. We run a, somewhat complicated, sweep in the office. It costs £6 to play. There are 8 of us playing, so the kitty is £48. That's split 2/3 to the winner and 1/3 to the runner up. I'm tied in first with 2 others - a nail biting finish to the tournament. I've bet on Germany to win tonight and Spain tomorrow. My gut told me Russia would win, but I ended up going with Spain. We shall see.

____________________

I won first place! Excellent.

2 comments:

Malone said...

Just for the record, Germany won 3-2. I won 8 points. :)

Wayne said...

Good job, my man. I like your odds.