Friday, May 30, 2008

Water Babies - Updated

We've been taking Seren to a swimming class called 'Water Babies' for about three or four weeks now. Well, I say we, but unfortunately the classes are on a Tuesday at 11am, not great for me, so I missed the first couple. But this week I managed to get a couple hours off work and was able to go along to take her into the pool.

She did really well, she even kicked her legs and arms a bit! She's a natural! (I suppose all babies are, given that they spent so long in the womb). Anyway, Laura took a couple of clips with her digital camera. I've spliced them together into a little movie using iMovie on my new laptop...but more on that in another blog.

Besides having a bit of fun and getting used to swimming in the water, you can get underwater pictures done when the baby is swimming well enough, just like on the cover of Nirvana's album Nevermind! Can't wait. Check out the website for examples of some other babies who have been photographed here. The quality is great!

Anyway, look out for that pic in a future blog. In the meantime, here's the movie clip. It's a little basic, but not bad considering I'm just learning how to edit.



Seren, Water Baby from Steve Malone on Vimeo.

Okay, I've adjusted the audio as Wayne suggested, which I think works much better. Thanks for the advice bud. I also took it into Vimeo, following Dom and Burt's lead. Not sure what the advantages are - I guess better quality and it gives you the option to increase the viewing size?

4 comments:

Wayne said...

Very nice. Good job with iMovie. I would suggest just nixing the nat sound altogether, since you couldn't even hear water splashing or you talking to Seren or anything. It overpowered the nice guitar music you laid on there. Just go with the visuals on a bed of music. Only a suggestion. You rock, man.

Wayne said...

Audio change is nice. I hadn't heard about vimeo, but I like the look of it. Guess I'll use it the next time I post video.

Burton Meahl said...

larger video files too (obvious from higher quality) but these videos also are not blocked on many business firewalls (ours, for instance).

Burton Meahl said...

nice vid by the way!