We've got a couple of DAB radios in our home and they're great. There's so much more choice, it's easy to find stations (they tune in right away and tell you the name of the station - and information about what you're listening to), and the reception is clear and perfect, no fuzz. But there's one station we've discovered in particular which has changed my perception entirely about listening to the radio. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but they play the kind of music I like, with interesting stuff I've never heard. Best of all there are no DJs or ads, just the occasional call out to remind you who you're listening to and where to find it. It's called Chill FM. You should check it out sometime. It's really easy to access. Just click on 'listen live' and it pops up with a separate little media player.

2 comments:
I tried it out. It's great. Unfortunately it won't work through my Firefox browser, so I have to use Internet Explorer to hear it. But it's good stuff. So you have house radios that are free-standing from your computer that pick it up? How does that work?
it is cool. player worked ok in firefox on my laptop. no artist or song track identifiers though. that would be a wonderful addition. is it a subscription service or something? what is DAB?
Post a Comment